Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Tree makes its appearance

At RootsTech 2012, Ron Tanner, the product manager for New.FamilySearch.org, introduced Family Tree which he characterized as the ultimate replacement for New FamilySearch. He indicated that the new program would be introduced before the end of the year. Well, I got an email from Ron Tanner sending a link to the new program. I now have access to the new program. Ron's email does not mention a general introduction date, nor does it mention a schedule for any updates to the program.

When I clicked on the link to the sign in, the Family Tree link showed up on the menu of FamilySearch.org. I have just begun to look at the new program and you will have to wait for any further information. But the program does look and operate just a demoed by Ron Tanner.

Obviously, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment