Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Monday, February 18, 2013

New blogger for the TheAncestorFiles

From time to time I have made references to my daughter, Amy Thiriot's, blog, TheAncestorFiles.blogspot.com. She is an extraordinary researcher and author and her blog is extremely valuable to our family. I like to use her blog as an example of exactly how effective a blog can be to develop genealogical contacts. This week, as a matter of fact, we made contact with a long lost 1st cousin solely because of articles Amy had written about this person's father.

For some time now, I have been trying to figure out how to put all of my photos and research online. I discussed the idea of starting a new blog and have even decided on a list of possible names. Graciously, Amy invited me to collaborate on her existing blog. After discussion, we have agreed to collaborate on the existing blog. So, I will be writing about my research and the vast number of photographs I have scanned over the years. I intend to focus on the more distant relatives. I hope to live up to Amy's high degree of scholarship and excellent writing.

I will be adding a more prominent link to TheAncestorFiles website in the immediate future from my present blog. Thanks to Amy and I hope I do not try her patience too much.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like there's a typo in the URL. I believe it should be: http://theancestorfiles.blogspot.com/

    - Jared

    ReplyDelete